ICT delusions: Plus Ça Change?
- Beyond Collaborative Learning
- From practice to praxis
- ICT CPD Landscape Review
- ICT delusions: Plus Ça Change?
- Is teaching a technology, or is it more than that?
- Learning in Liminal Spaces
- Learning in Liminality
- Online forums as resources for teacher professional development
- A Learning Community
- The Role of Web-based Communities in Teacher Professional Development
- A City Learning Centre
The regular overhaul of the United Kingdom education system brings to the surface many of the tensions of society itself. The conflation of international school rankings, economic decline and the prospect of dominance by what used to be described as the emerging economies has spurred Government in 2012 to declare the need for schools to teach Computing, rather than the previously-prescribed lowly ICT. The assumption seems to be that the teaching workforce is full of eager Computing specialists who are all too ready to ditch the low-level Office skills they were required to teach and adapt to new examination syllabuses.